**Updated for 2018-2019**
- Do you dream of playing lacrosse in college?
- Are you banking on a “full ride” to pay for your education?
- Are you one of the top players in your school and you are sure you will be noticed?
- Do you play at top showcase events, so you will surely get on several coaches’ watch lists?
Each year over 200,000 high school players compete for the opportunity to play college lacrosse.
The majority of these student athletes make the mistake of thinking a college coach will come knocking on their door to recruit them. This could not be further from the truth. For a handful of “blue chip athletes” this may luxury of being noticed may be true, but for the thousands of athletes that fall outside this blue chip category, you need to be proactive and have a “blue chip recruiting strategy and marketing campaign” in place in order to stand out from the masses.
AllStarLAX believes that every Student-Athlete who has the drive, determination and academic qualifications, should be afforded the opportunity to play college level lacrosse, regardless of economic status.
The way we advocate this is by giving you the tools and resources, in the form of a step by step playbook, to take your recruiting strategy to the next level.
AllStarLAX is dedicated to helping every Student-Athlete pursue their dream of playing College Lacrosse.
-Are you ready to take your recruiting strategy to the next level?
-Do you want to give yourself an advantage over the competition?
The Lacrosse Athletic Recruiting path is a highly competitive, confusing and challenging one, and AllStarLAX is centralized reference for all your Lacrosse Athletic Recruiting needs.
AllStarLAX will guide you through the process using our Step by Step Playbook to make sure you are on track and don’t miss important details.
Increase your chance of being one of the few who will play the sport they love in College, and win a Lacrosse Scholarship by following the steps outlined in the AllStarLAX Playbook!
Do You Have What it Takes?
**This document is a 145 page PDF – jam packed full of valuable resources. This is what you will receive:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. THE ORGANIZATIONS, STRUCTURE AND GOVERNANCE
1.1. The Organizations
1.2. NCAA – The Three Divisions – Division I, II, III
1.3. NAIA – National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
1.4. NJCAA – National Junior College Athletic Association
1.5. Types of Athletic Scholarships
1.6. “Equivalency” vs “Headcount” Sports
2.1. It is Not Enough to Be a Skilled Lacrosse Player!
2.2. Academics Can Make the Difference
2.4. Class Rank
2.6. Academic Planning
2.7. Initial Academic Eligibility Requirements
2.8. NCAA Eligibility Requirements
2.9. New NCAA Eligibility Rules for HS Class of 2017
2.10. The Eligibility Center Process (DI and DII)
2.11. NCAA DI Core Course Worksheet
2.12. DI Core CPA & Test Score Sliding Scale
2.13. NCAA DII Core Course Worksheet
2.14. Standardized Tests
2.15. NCAA Eligibility Center FAQs
2.16. NCAA Initial Eligibility Resource Index
2.17. The Eligibility Center Process (Division III, NAIA & NJCAA)
3. NCAA RECRUITING TERMS & CALENDARS
3.1. NCAA Recruiting Definitions
3.2. NCAA Recruiting Calendars – Division III
3.3. NCAA Recruiting Rules – Division III
3.4. NAIA Recruiting Information
3.5. NJCAA Recruiting Information
4. UNOFFICIAL AND OFFICIAL VISITS
4.1. Unofficial Visit
4.2. Official Visit
4.4. Preferred Walk-Ons
4.5. Red Shirt Athlete
4.6. Verbal Offers
4.7. National Letter of Intent (NLI)
5. THE PROCESS BEGINS
5.1. Develop Your Game Plan
5.2. Planning and Keeping Track
5.3. Freshman Year Recruiting Tips
5.4. Freshman Year Recruiting Checklist
5.5. Sophomore Year Recruiting Tips
5.6. Sophomore Year Recruiting Checklist
5.7. Junior Year Recruiting Tips
5.8. Junior Year Recruiting Checklist
5.9. Senior Year Recruiting Tips
5.10. Senior Year Recruiting Checklist
5.11. The Importance of Starting Early
5.12. Get Organized
6. STEP 1 – CREATE YOUR FREE ATHLETIC PROFILE
6.1 Register and Create your FREE Athletic Profile
6.2 Profile Snapshot
6.3 Social Profiles
6.4 Personal Info
6.5 Academic Info
6.6 Service Info
6.7 Athletic Info
6.8 Lacrosse Info
6.9 Media Gallery
7. STEP 2 – ASSESS YOURSELF…DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
7.1 How Do You Know if You’re Good Enough?
7.2 Take a Good, Hard Look at Yourself
7.3 Athletic Self-Assessment Quiz
7.4 Compile and Compare Your Stats
7.5 Seek Advice
7.6 What to Expect: The Demands of College Lacrosse
7.7 Draw Conclusions Based on Your Lacrosse Assessment
7.8 Academics – A Huge Piece of the Puzzle
7.9 Academic Self-Assessment
7.10 Compile and Compare Your Academic Stats
7.11 Academic Self- Assessment
7.12 Seek the Advice of Others
7.13 Putting it All Together
7.14 Improving Your Grades
7.15 10 Tips to Increase Your GPA and Improve Your Study Habits
8. STEP 3 – IDENTIFY YOUR MISSION
8.1. Create Your Target List of Schools
8.2. Education Should be the Priority
8.3. What to Consider When Choosing a College
8.4. Nonathletic Factors
8.5. Athletic Factors
8.6. An Alternative: Community College
8.7. Other Alternative
9. STEP 4 – FORMULATE YOUR STRATEGY
9.1. Focus on Academics
9.2. Prep for SAT/ACT
9.3. Create/Update Your Online Profile
9.4. Social Media: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
9.5. Clean it Up
9.6. Create Your Highlight Videos
9.7. Fine Tune Your Athletic Skills
9.8. Play at Top Showcase Events
10. STEP 5 – BUILD YOUR BRAND
10.1 Defining Your Brand
10.2 Make a Statement
10.3 Be Proactive
10.4 Managing Your Brand
11. STEP 6 – MARKET YOU!
11.1. When to Start Marketing YOU!
11.2. The Importance of Social Media in Your Marketing Plan
11.3. Getting Started
11.4. Getting the Attention of Coaches
11.5. Introductory Email
11.6. Continuing the Conversation
11.7. The Best Time to Send Emails to Coaches
11.8. When to Contact College Coaches
11.9. How Often to Email Coaches
12. STEP 7 – DRIVE TO THE GOAL!
12.1. Be Respectful
12.2. Be in Shape When You Meet Coaches
12.3. Dress Professional
12.4. Take Control of the Process
12.5. Don’t Be Rushed
12.6. Honest Communication
12.7. Create a Bidding War
12.8. Go With Your Gut!
13. DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
14.1. Social Media
14.2. Stats & Links to US Colleges with Lacrosse Programs
14.3. Stats & Links to NJCAA Schools with Lacrosse Programs
14.4. Target School List
14.5. College Information Worksheet
14.6. College Rating Sheet
14.7. Quick Overview of the Recruiting Timeline
- In addition to the Digital resource-packed 162 page book that outlines a 7-Step Lacrosse Recruiting Plan for Student-Athletes.
- The Parent’s Guide to College Lacrosse Recruiting (7 page quick start guide)
- Student-Athlete’s FREE online LAX Profile.
- Learn which Videos a Student-Athlete needs and how to create them.
- Find out which Social Media Accounts you need, how to clean them up, and how to leverage them.
- Statistics and links to all US College Sponsored Lacrosse Programs including Average Scholarship amount, Tuition, SAT/ACT percentiles, and admission rates
- Recruiting Checklists for each High School year.
- Use the Academic Assessment Sheet to assess yourself.
- Use Athletic Assessment Sheet to see which division may be a good fit for your Student-Athlete.
- How to ensure that the Student-Athlete is eligible to play in College and how to maintain eligibility.
- Use the Core Course Worksheets to be sure you take the right courses to meet eligibility requirements.
- How to research which Colleges are the best fit for you and utilize the Target College Worksheet to keep track of your communications and narrow down your selections.
- SAT/ACT test tips and key dates so you don’t miss them.
- Email Templates to use when contacting Coaches
- How to create an Email Signature that will get the attention of College Coaches.
- What to do when you start receiving offers from Coaches
- How to negotiate the best offer at a College that is the best fit for you!
Don’t miss out!! Get The Playbook now!